Securing Smart Phone
Phone security is the practice of defending mobile devices against a wide range of cyber
attack vectors that threaten user’s privacy, network login credentials, finance and safety.
Smart Phone can be kept secure by implementing following processes:
Smart Phone login account
All smart phones require user account for providing different cloud services like android
phone provide Play store service and IOS devices provide app store service for their
customer. Always use own account while logging in for the first time in their smart
phone. This makes the user secure from theft or loss of the mobile, user could lock their
phone using their account. Also user can find their mobile if they misplace it.
Always download apps from Play store (Android) or App Store (Apple)
Always download apps from their service provider like play store or app store.
Don’t install any app in device by using “Unknown Sources”.
Security on install App’s or application
Security of application installed in mobile is also necessary job. Application like
social media facebook, WhatsApp and Instragram etc, has some personal
information or sensitive data. For securing this type of application use “App lock
“application available in Play store.
- Lock apps with App lock application.
- Use pattern lock, PIN lock or finger print scanning lock.
- Avoid answering spam calls.
- Turn your Bluetooth and Wi-Fi off when not in use.
- Update your phone's software regularly.
- Encrypt hotspots from being used by other devices.
- Store passwords in encrypted files.
- Use a VPN(Virtual Private Networks) .